Topping Out Ceremony
August 31, 2021
The Canyon Springs project team was joined by community dignitaries and local healthcare educators and professionals to celebrate an important milestone for the Canyon Springs Healthcare development. MOB 2 represents the first of five new medical office buildings and a hospital helping to meet the important challenge of providing quality and affordable healthcare to the greater Riverside community. This unique project is committed to providing the foundation for a complete healthcare delivery model at one carefully planned campus.
Attending were TDA, Inc., the fiduciary representative for the Laborers Pension Fund owner as well as the project developer, trustees and members from the Construction Laborers Union for Southern California, DPR Construction (general contractor), Ware Malcomb (architect), the Mayor and Assistance City Manager from the City of Riverside, Cumming Corp. (construction manager), University of Riverside School of Medicine, CBRE and Strategic Medical Properties, our neighbors from Moreno Valley Unified School District, and many interested future tenants and stakeholders.
- The Topping Out ceremony is a centuries old celebration originating in Scandinavian culture meant to bring prosperity and protection to the project.
- Over 20,000 cubic yards of earth have been moved.
- Over 2,000 cubic yards of concrete have been placed.
- Over 450 tons of steel has been erected and installed.
- Over 10 miles of underground conduit, piping and wiring installed.
- When fully built out, the Canyon Springs Hospital Campus is expected to generate over 2,000 full time jobs.